Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ready To Race




I am writing from sunny Daytona Beach, FL. I feel like I have been here all month. I can't wait to get back into the race car. It has been fun here so far though. I have done a lot of media, TV, radio, etc. I also guest commentated the ARCA race for Speed Channel, which was a lot of fun. Saturday qualifying was very exciting to watch Michael and David get into the race. Now we need DJ to race his way in on Thursday, which I know he will do. It is awesome to see how well the team is working together and how far they have come in such a short period of time. It is cool that I can be apart of all this. With all that said, I am ready to race. Nationwide practice does not start until Wednesday but I can't wait to get behind the wheel. We signed a new partner this week for the Nationwide race “RIMCO”. RIMCO has come on board as the primary sponsor of the #00 MWR Toyota Camry. RIMCO is a new division of Aaron's that retails and leases after market tires and wheels. Check out gorimco.com it’s your one stop location for wheels, tires, accessories and more for less. Thanks for all the continued support and make sure you cheer on all the MWR drivers on Thursday.


Thanks

Michael McDowell

9 comments:

Mike Pullano said...

There will be a McDowell Fan Party at Pullano's Pizza and Wings on Saturday 2/16/2008 for Michael's debut in the Nascar Nationwide Series at Daytona! Starting with the pre-race show at 10:00 am, with the race starting at 11:00 am.

Pullano's will also be serving their famous McDowell Racing Green Chili Burrors for this race and every race this season.


Pullanos is located at 13848 N 51st Ave in Glendale. http://www.pullanospizza.com/

Hope to see you there!


Mike Pullano

Anonymous said...

Cooool paint scheme, good luck my friend this weekend. The girls and I will be watching as always. Remember just DRIVE... Tell Jami, I said Hello.

Take care,
Chuck

Nate Siemon said...

Good luck this weekend you are going to do a great job. Know that all your friends at Lifepointe will be watching the race Saturday and cheering you on. Your going to do fantastic and tell Jami we said hi. Miss you guys.

-Nate

Anonymous said...

good luck this weekend mike good to see the fastest in practice...wes

Doug Foltz said...

I can't wait to see you race. I would have never pictured myself as a race fan, but you've got me hooked. I'm spreading the McD word up here in DC. We'll be praying for you. Will has got his "Go Mike!" cheer in full gear.

Grammcd said...

Good luck this weekend Michael. We'll be watching and rooting for you. Stay safe! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Watched you qualify yesterday! WTG MICHAEL! We will be watching on Sat., unfortunately from our sofa! Making plans to come to a few of your races this season! Drive smart, we know you can!
Love ya, Carol Martin/Lehr

Anonymous said...

Go get em today Mike! I fully believe you can take a top 10 finish from the race at Daytona.

Anonymous said...

Dood,
Great to see U this weekend I can tell U are EXCITED as All get out,
Toyota LIVE was Great The Burnout was AWESOME and u know my son was estatic that U singed the diecast that he won there. We will Be Rooting U on as Always
Keith
Coral Springs,Fl